Public Service Recognition
SAVE THE DATE MAY 7-13, 2023
Honoring Our Public Servants
Connecting Citizens with Their Government
California’s Public Service Recognition Week Resources
Since 2017, the State of California has participated in Public Service Recognition week and regularly reaches upwards of 70,000 employees! Check out our resources to help your department, regional offices, and field offices participate. Departments are encouraged to participate and can establish their own unique activities for the week.
Download the PDF of proposed themes for PSRW!
Public Service Recognition Week has a host of resources.
- Sample messages
- Educational ideas
- Digital logo resources
- View statewide and department events throughout the week on social media at #PSRWCA.
- Need more event ideas, signage ideas, or other resources? Contact email@example.com
- PSRW Merit Template Resources – Core Value Template | Years of Service Template
PSRW Wellness Resources
PSRW Training Webinar Refresher PowerPoint
Utilize HealthierU Connections and host a Mindful Moment (Registration Code: StateofCA)
Additional HealthierU Connections features:
- How to Nurture Relationships in the Workplace
- Finding Purpose in Your Work
- Mental health resources are also available for employees through HealthierU
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Check out previous years’ videos on CalHR’s YouTube page.
Public Service Recognition Week 2022
May 1-7, 2022
Governor Newsom’s California Public Service Recognition Week 2022 message is available here!
Public Service Recognition Week is a time set aside to honor the individuals who serve our nation as federal, state, county and local government employees. It is a valuable morale booster and a pleasant distraction from intense work.
CalHR invites your department to participate in themed event days during Public Service Recognition Week and, if it is appropriate for your department, share photos of your events using the hashtags #PSRWCA and #CAServingCA.